The Malaysia Canada Business Council (MCBC) is a private non-profit organization established in Kuala Lumpur in 1989 to foster and enhance relationships between Canada and Malaysia. Our members are representatives from Canadian companies operating in Malaysia and Malaysian companies with ties to, and/or interests in Canada. Some of our high-profile members include Petronas, Scotiabank, Bombardier, SNC Lavalin, Manulife, as well as the Canadian High Commission in Malaysia. We also have many Malaysian companies as members including the International School of Kuala Lumpur, Smart Reader Worldwide Sdn Bhd and Sunway Education Group, to name but a few.
- To provide a medium to bring together businesses with Canadian connections and those interested in doing business or maintaining business links with Canada
- To create a forum for ideas, opportunities and personal contacts that will promote education, trade, commerce and industry between Malaysia and Canada
- To support and represent the interests of the membership, including liaising with the governments of Canada and Malaysia
- To provide information and assist firms seeking to do business in Malaysia and/or Canada
- To foster a better understanding and appreciation between the business and social communities of the two countries
- Stage and organize roughly 5 to 8 events per year to connect Canadian and Malaysian Companies such as Networking Reception, Seminar, Christmas Party, invitations to select events offered by the High Commission of Canada
- Provide meeting, visit arrangement or trade mission arrangement services for companies and universities.
- Nurture relationships with government bodies such as MIDA, MATRADE, SME Corp and others
- Build relationships with other regional Canadian Chambers/Councils, local business Councils/Chambers.
- Research services.
- Formal business introductions for both Malaysia and Canada, by providing information and advice, where necessary.