The Malaysia Canada Business Council (MCBC) is a private non-profit organization established in Kuala Lumpur in 1989 to foster and enhance relationships between Canada and Malaysia. Our members are representatives from Canadian companies operating in Malaysia and Malaysian companies with ties to, and/or interests in Canada. Some of our high-profile members include Sun Life Malaysia, Manulife, McCain, CAE Flight & Simulator Services, as well as the Canadian High Commission in Malaysia. We also have many Malaysian companies as members including Sunway Education Group, Invest Johor, Soon Soon Oilmills, Supermax, to name but a few.
- To provide a medium to bring together businesses with Canadian connections and those interested in doing business or maintaining business links with Canada
- To create a forum for ideas, opportunities and personal contacts that will promote education, trade, commerce and industry between Malaysia and Canada
- To support and represent the interests of the membership, including liaising with the governments of Canada and Malaysia
- To provide information and assist firms seeking to do business in Malaysia and/or Canada
- To foster a better understanding and appreciation between the business and social communities of the two countries
- Meetings, visit/tour or trade mission arrangement services for companies.
- Business research services.
- Formal introductions for both Malaysian and Canadian members by providing information and advice where necessary.
- Business networking from events.
- Internship program
- MCBC career fair
- Capacity Building Programs to generate skilled and professional human capital to participate in the fast growing
- Halal Industry, Consultancy services covering Standards, Guidelines and Certification Process
- Halal Market and Consumer Research
- Halal Products and Services Business matching