The Malaysia Canada Business Council (MCBC) is a private non-profit organization established in Kuala Lumpur in 1989 to foster and enhance relationships between Canada and Malaysia. Our members are representatives from Canadian companies operating in Malaysia and Malaysian companies with ties to, and/or interests in Canada. Some of our high-profile members include Petronas, Scotiabank, Bombardier, SNC Lavalin, Manulife, as well as the Canadian High Commission in Malaysia. We also have many Malaysian companies as members including the International School of Kuala Lumpur, Smart Reader, and Taylor’s College, to name but a few.
- Provide a medium to bring together businesses and individuals with connections and interests in our two countries : Malaysia and Canada;
- To create a forum for ideas, opportunities and personal contacts that will promote education, trade, commerce and industry between Malaysia and Canada;
- Liaising with Malaysian and Canadian government bodies on behalf of membership;
- Provide information, business data, and assist those seeking to do business in Malaysia and/or Canada ;
- To foster a better understanding and appreciation between the business and social communities of our two countries.
Board of Governors
- President: Mr. Raymond Lew (Sun Life Malaysia)
- Vice President: Mr. Jim Tarlton (Tamarind Resources)
- Vice President: Ms. Franca Ciambella (Consilium Law Corporation)
- Governor: Mr. Iftikhar Jami (Kryption IT)
- Governor: Mr. Matt Troniak (Orion Investments)
- Governor: Mr. Robert Grant (SNC Lavalin)
- Governor: Mr. Mark O’Dell (Manulife)
- Governor: Mr. Ziaullah Mirza (Voice of Green Hats)